Monday 27 February 2012

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette

As my addiction for high end makeup grows so does my collection! (lol funny how that works). My birthday is in mid January and once again my wonderful husband surprised me with the Naked 2 palette. As Sam Scheurman mentions in her review that she like both equally and my hubby just happened to be listening as I watched her review ( also my reaction to the original palette) he again went to Sephora but they didn't have any in stock. Waiting list...when he got the call they had received a new shipment it was a few days after my birthday so I was definitely surprised!! No wrapping paper necessary! Just that beautiful Sephora bag with the red paper sticking out the top!


The Naked 2 palette comes in this metal case where as the Naked palette comes with a soft brown velour case with magnetic closure. I really don't have a preference to which case I like better although the Naked 2 seems that it will be better for travelling.


The palette comes with 12 beautiful, highly pigmented, silky smooth neutral eye shadows. 2 matte and 10 glitter/shimmer shades. It also comes with a double ended shadow brush. Its great quality! On one end you have a smaller flat shader brush and on the other is a fluffy blending brush. I'm not a huge fan of double ended brushes as I like to store the upright in a container with beads but one end will get ruined so I have one lonely brush laying out :( This palette also comes with a sample size Urban Decay Lip Junkie in the colour Naked ( big surprise).


I'm not a big lipstick wearer. I may pick up a few and give them another try but I have 2 fairly dark freckles on my bottom lip that always seem to peek through my lipstick so I tend to use glosses so it doesn't look like I'm trying to hide anything....OK back to the Lip Junky...Its a beautiful sheer pinky brown and its somewhat minty. I do find its a little sticky for my liking.

On to the main event...The Shadows!!

From left to right they are:
Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout.
|(Half Baked is the only repeat from the original palette).



Should have cleaned the mirror first :)




I have to say I love this palette! (as much as the original Naked palette) Half Baked and YDK do come off a little chunky so a light hand works best for those two shades. I also find the glitter in Chopper is a little big but still beautiful! I have nothing bad to say about either palette. Well worth the money for anyone who likes a neutral eye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment